The Department of Clinical Psychology strives to provide professional clinical service as well as professional education. Department provides clinical services by evaluating and treating people who have mental health problems and communication disorders.
Psychological Assessment: The following Psychological Assessment and Testing were performed for the needy persons with disabilities.
• Developmental Quotient (DQ) / Intelligence Quotient (IQ) / Social Quotient (SQ) / Emotional Quotient (EQ)/ Memory Quotient (MQ) Testing & etc.,
• Test of Aptitude & Interest
• Personality Assessment.
• Testing for Mental Health Disorder
• Learning Disorders
• Neuropsychological Testing
• Psycho-Diagnostic Evaluation
• Psychometric Evaluations depending upon the condition Ex: Mental Illness, Interpersonal Relationship, Motivation Level, Leadership Ability and etc.,
Psychological Services: The following psychological intervention services are being provided from the department.
• Cognitive Therapy including Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), Beck’s Cognitive Therapy (CT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Gestalt Therapy and Mindfulness Therapy
• Psychotherapy mainly Supportive Psychotherapy and Insight Oriented
• Behavior Therapy comprises of all types of relaxation techniques like: Jacobson’s Progressive Muscle Relaxation Training (JPMR), Autogenic Training, Guided Imagery etc.,.
• Besides that, Thought Stop, Modified Thought Stop, Covert Sensitization & Overt Sensitization and Exposed Response Prevention (ERP) etc.,
• Behavior Modification (BM) techniques to enhance healthy behaviours and Techniques to stamp-out negative behaviour etc.,
• Counseling provided to address Pre-Marital, Marital and Academic concerns.
• Group Therapy for De-Addiction etc.,
Future Long-Term Programs:
• P. G. Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology,
• M. Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology as well as Clinical Psychology
For further details please contact:
Sh. Shaik Yaseen Shareef
Assistant Professor & Head,
Department of Clinical Psychology
Composite Regional Centre for Persons with Disabilities (CRC)
Devaraj URS Layout, B Block, Davangere -570006.