The vocational training unit imparts skill development training and enhances the productivity among persons with disabilities. Vocational guidance and counselling are the stupendous task giving exclusive identity to the persons with disability. Thus it happened to be the one and only one upon which the occupation relies. This in turn determine the economic status and empowers them to independent living. The following are the objectives of vocational training unit.
• Promotion of skill development among persons with disabilities
• Inculcate appropriate work behavior among the trainees
• Facilitating economic empowerment & enabling independent living
• Maintain competitiveness of employees through re-training and professional development
The following trades of training are proposed to be provided in the Vocational Training unit:
• Eco friendly self-employment training: Paper plate, Paper bag, Envelop, Leaf plate etc.,
• Art and Craft Training: Embroidery, Glass Painting, Decoration Work etc.,
• Book Binding, Photo frame training,
• Tailoring Training:
• Nursery Raising Training
• Computer Training
In future the following RCI long term programs are planned to be undertaken by the Dept. of Special Education.
• Diploma, Bachelors, Masters in Special Education (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual Impairment, Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment and Multiple Disabilities)
• Diploma in Vocational Rehabilitation
For further details please contact:
Sh. Shaik Yaseen Shareef
In-charge Head, Department of Special Education,
Composite Regional Centre for Persons with Disabilities (CRC)
Devaraj URS Layout, B Block, Davangere -570006.