CRC’s Social Work and Placement unit functions with the objective to support persons with disabilities to lead their life independently. The service includes, assessment, facilitation to access Govt. Schemes and provision of vocational guidance, skill training, vocational training and providing guidance for placement or establishing self-employment activities etc. Key services are listed below.
Facilitate the Persons with Disabilities to access Govt. Schemes
• Enable the vocational trained Persons with Disabilities to get placement or to start self-employment
• Establish a referral network of civil society organizations including NGOs, parent organizations, disabled people organizations which renders skill training
• Conduct employment fair for persons with disabilities to gain meaningful employment
• Provide recreational training and enable person with disability to participate in sports, art, drama, music, cultural and extra-curricular activities. Promote social clubs and identify community members championing for the rights of persons with disabilities
• Creation of awareness and public education on the abilities of persons with disabilities
• Coordinate conducting ADIP Camps and distribute assistive devices
Besides that, Department of Social work and Placement envisages to empower the family members, by conducting Income Generation Program for their families to enable a better quality of life.
For further details please contact:
Dr. Vijay Batra
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Composite Regional Centre for Persons with Disabilities (CRC)
Devaraj URS Layout, B Block, Davangere -570006.